Friday, December 4, 2009

First Christmas Memory!

I forgot that I was going to share a Christmas Memory each day!  The first memory that stands out in my memory, was when I was about 5ish, my mother and father were apparently looking to buy some furniture, and we had gone to Park Plaza, now back in the day Park Plaza was two levels, a out door mall, there was a bowling alley where the Chinese Restaurant is and under Dillard's on the University side was a furniture store, I think the name was John Hancock’s Furniture.  I went with them there, I was looking at a baby crib and it had a life size baby doll in it, now you have to understand this was back in the day and I had never seen a real life size baby doll,child hood christmas 001 now days they are every where, but then they were rare!  I picked up that baby and held it the whole time I was in the store, I felt that was my baby, of course when we left I had to leave the baby, back in the bed where I found her, I was heart broke and I am sure pitched a Rogers fit, I do remember crying. Now every Christmas Eve we had a family tradition that happened every year, year after year, on Christmas Eve my daddy and Uncle Herbert took Kay and I to the state capitol, we walk what looked like millions of steps to the BIG SOLID GOLD DOORS, in front of them was a life size Nativity, we would just be in awe of it, of course to me they were so big!  They looked real!  Then we would go back to our home, this year we lived at 5204 Lee Street in LR, off Van Buren.  Some how ever year Santa Claus would come to our house early, due to having so many places to go:)  Mother and Aunt Verna would be there and low and behold, it was Christmas!!!  Under the tree was my little baby…that is all I saw and all I cared about!  From that time on I always loved babies, I have them today for my Grand Babies:) Even the boys!  What a Christmas Memory!! Even to remember the Park Plaza Mall like that is unreal to me:) This memory making Christmas my tax my brain:) Have a fun day and enjoy this Christmas Season today!!

1 comment:

Jen said...

I love this post! It reminds me of some of my favorite Christmas memories.... maybe I'll post about that. After I stop crying from reading your post :)