Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Catching up...if you really ever catch up!

Last night I spent the night with mother and Walt, that went better then I thought, mother did very well with her test today, the Dr. could not see the whole colon so we had to go to st. Vincent's for a xray test in which mother had to have a barium enema but she was a trooper! Then we got her something to eat! She is home and doing real good, Walt was glad to be home too, it wore them both out. I have a melancholy feeling, it is so sad to be losing the mother you have always known, it just makes me so sad, I can barley stand it, but then to be with her is so sweet, I just do not know for sure how to cope with all this but I ma trying:) Think I will for sure start some group for Alzheimer's, I can tell I need them, been fighting tears all day. I looked through a lot of photo albums form yesteryear, it is so neat to see my babies so young and see them look just like their babies! Steve will have to have surgery on his back it will not be till October 22, because he can not have it at the surgery ctr. and has to wait for st. Vincent's north, something to do with the Dr. and the insurance....he has Medicaid so you have to wait your turn I guess....stinks! He is down about it but wants it done asap to get out of pain, the doc's answer is pain pills but once Steve detoxed off them he will not take them again...that is a whole different story! Well I got to go do a walk through on a home I sold so the buyer can close!! hugs and nite

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can only imagine how hard it is to see the Mother you knew, slowly disappearing. :( Makes my heart hurt. I think a support group is a good idea.

I'm going to be praying for Steve's surgery to get moved up!

Love you!