Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Lap Band Life:)

the fil goes in the little clear part inside the band


OK, I want to share what I have done to my self, I guess before with my lap band I have not had much restriction, I could eat anything I wanted so I limited my self, when I first got it done there is swelling and I had restriction but then it let up some, well last Saturday I told you I got a fill, look st the pics, the fill is when they put more saline in the tube and it makes the band on your stomach tighter, making a smaller hole for foods to get through, and needless to say, I will for sure get the rest of this weight off! I can eat maybe three chips and cheese dip, last night I wanted to eat because I was emotionally stressed but I could not really eat because I filled up on three chips! Which is a blessing but when your and emotional eater it is real hard, so I am trying to resolve my emotions and that is hard to, it makes me want to eat! I did buy a pie at krogers but of course I got a tiny little bite and could not eat it, then a friend called and ask me to swim with her and I did and that was a great release for me! I can go back and get some taken out if I need too, but if I can endure this then I will, its a fine time to do it BEFORE vacation:) Alicia said I was crazy to do it now but I thought well it will help me keep my focus on getting healthy and it for sure does, I am trying to drink my protein shake right now and it is taking me a while to even get half a glass of mil down! BUT the good thing is I am full:) so pray for me to settle down and continue to cope with my emotions with out using food! Food is not my friend! I am up early this am, its storming and I would love to sit on the porch and rock but the wind is blowing the rain in! I do not have a full day of real estate but I do have so much to do today. My lap top is dead and I need to go and buy a new one:) so I hope to do that, I need to get the house ready to gone, which means I will have it all clean and if I cannot get it done, I will call Marty and have her do it for me:) much better ideal, just trying to save money and do it my self! But who knows! I have a appointment in LR office early then in NLR office so by noon I should be ready to tackle the house and get things ready to leave for Panama City Beach!! I can not wait to go! I have a lot of things going on in my mind and personal life right now that I need some away time so I can think clearer:) When I went to the Dr. I ask him for a anti depressant, thinking my serotonin levels may be low, I did not feel depressed but I have some issues that I cannot go into and I just can not seem to get settled with them, which is a major part of my life:) so it affects me daily. I did get some insight yesterday to some of my struggles with a certain person at work which was helpful, I now know how to pray for me and them, but part of me thinks, its not worth my time to worry about it, but then it totally affects me, so I have to deal with it....does this even make sense???? Anyway when I come to mind pray for me:) I am asking the Lord to give me some resolve in these issues, you know me, I would share them with you but since it is such a sensitive matter, I best not:) All else is good in the Averitt clan, Alicia is hoofing it still in RE, she is excited about vacation too, Sean and Sarah are good, Sarah is going to visit her brother for three days that will be fun for her!! Sean is working 12 hour shifts so he will not even know she is gone and he is keeping Cali for me so he will have company:)Alex and Jill are on vacation:) Hannah and Mark are getting ready to leave on vacation:) Jared and Jenn are back from vacation and holding the fort down, April and her sweet heart broke up so she i sad but trusting the Lord if he is the one, God will bring him back:) Well guess I need to get with it and get my running shoes on!! C tks for the encouragement on this blog, I love reading yours too!! I laughed at the Target one, I am sure glad I am not on his shoes for more reasons then one, or even two!! I pray all have a great day!! HUGS!

3 comments:

Jen said...

We are going to miss you while you are on vacation but you so need it! I hope you have a wonderful time and come home refreshed and renewed. :) See you tomorrow!!!!

Love you!

Stickhorsecowgirls said...

Be encouraged!! (Food is not my friend, either, Linda, as you well know. I feel your pain). I envy the time ahead for you in FL! Love, Cindy

Jill said...

Will pray for you, each time you come to mind. :) You guys have a great time at the beach!

Love you!