Saturday, August 29, 2009

BabyA'sandJill's first baby shower:)

Well this has been such a glorious day, just perfect weather! I wish it could be like this all the time:) but then I would miss the rain and snow and fall leaves and the colors of fall leaves:) I got up early AGAIN....:(( and decided to go sailing, Steve got up so he went with me, we found some bargains!! I got me to fall jackets from Chico's for 5 dollars!!! They are like new too:) Since I saw the movie Julie and Julia, I saw some pearls and I got them for $3.00!! SO now I have a strand of pearls:) all I have to do is cook with my apron on and I will be like them:) WE then went to Jenns and Jared's because I found three pair of shoes for Lalia, she loved them. Steve and April went to work at the barn, we barter our help for rent and horse feed now:) So April feeds and cleans and Steve will bush hog for them:) There is a beautiful but too skinny Thoroughbred that raced once at Oaklawn and did not do well, a man brought him to the barn to board and now he will not come back or pay for the feed he needs:(( and he needs more food then a reg. horse and high protein, so we gave $30.00 for his food this month and maybe can barter some for his food, if she sends a eviction notice to the owner and he does not respond then she has to sell it at a horse auction and the last one she had to do that with went for dog food, so we do not want that:) He is about 17 hands tall and needs to put on some weight, he is three years old, so he may be our adopted barn horse, not sure what do do but I can not let him be that skinny....you know me I like fluffy:) The lady who owns the barn is calling him again and leaving him msgs. he breed the mother and this was her baby, he thought he would race but he did not do well, he is not real high strung as most are and he is well mannered, so who knows:) I will take a pic and let you see him:) We love Apache, he is the best natured horse and fits April personality so well. Then I went to mother and Walt's and took dinner and some dinners for the week, although I will be there Monday to prepare her sludge to drink for her test on wed. then go there Tuesday to make sure she takes the pills and drinks the sludge:) then get up Wed. am and go to the Dr. for the colonoscopy, Walt said he is going too...glory be:) It will take me 30 minutes to get him in the car:) and mother will ask 100 times where are we going and how will she get home;) You have to keep a light heart when someone has Alzheimer's, its keeps you from crying:) Now to the best part of the day!! Baby A's and Jill's first shower, she got so many neat gifts and such creative gifts, Dr. Lewis and his wife gave her the neatest gift, I have never seen it done before, it is a cake server and knife, like you would have for your wedding, it was silver with baby A's initials on the server, and a poem about how special your birthdays will be on to your wedding day!! YES!! we all cried, we cried several times,:) Jill is just so thankful! There were four Pg ladies and all looked so cute:) I am just so thankful Jill is pg with them and not having to go to their showers andnot have her own baby!! Thank you Father! One lady made aprons to match with their names on them and bought a toddler cook book! That is so Jill!! I just loved it and of course I always enjoy seeing Belinda! ( Jill's mother) Well its been a blest day and I am ready to snooze:) Nite

1 comment:

Jill said...

It was such a special evening. I feel incredibly blessed and loved. You played a big part in that....thank you.

I'm so glad you got to meet some of my friends...they are the best, aren't they!?

Love you!