Friday, August 14, 2009

creatures of habit

Ever wonder why we like to go to the same places we know, or eat at the same places??????? well I like my old PC better then my new, because I know it and know all the ins and outs of it:)  It is hard for me to change to something new, even though it is a much better PC, I go back to my old one, since I fixed it:)  I was thinking about that, how change is hard for most people, most of us do not like change, I can adapt to it but I like things to stay the way I am comfortable with.  When change comes so does new plans, new ways, new trust and faith in the Lord to help us make the changes.  I remember when one of my friends divorced, I told her to close the chapter of that book and she is beginning a new one, even though that is true, it is still so hard to start new chapters in our life.  Matter of fact I do not like new chapters!  But I know they will happen and when they do, I will squirm and maybe pitch a fit, for sure feel sorry for my self and then guess what??? I adapt and sometimes realize change was for the best, then again sometimes I am not sure.  A great book if your going through changes in your life is “who moved my cheese”  it helps you realize you have to have change to grow as a individual and changes is actually good for us, it is a challenge, so if your in changes in your life, I pray the Lord will bless you with wisdom and character and strength to endure the change and make you a better person:))) 

I remember when we were praying about adopting April, as if it was a decision:) but we had talked to all the children and we had prayed, Steve and I knew we would be older when she was still young and wanted the best thing for April, it was for sure a change God brought into our life,  at the time I thought how we we ever do it, but we do and God has so blest us with April, I can not even dream of what it would be like without her, or any of my children for that matter.  Life will have good changes and some not so good…………so be a over comer and adapt to the change and let it bring the best of you out in you!!  HUGSpics 495

3 comments:

Jen said...

Love that picture!!!! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

:) good post!!! and LOVE the pic of April also. -AB

Jill said...

Our family would not be complete without that baby girl! :)