Monday, April 27, 2009

Peaceful Monday/marriage

Well you can tell from the title I did not go home and I am in my favorite place at the condo:) no coffee this am but some juice, no sausage balls either, I am back to eating more healthy, week end is over:) Steve is sleeping in, it is sprinkling here and very quiet, the birds are singing, I have a humming bird coming to the feeder, trying to get a pic of it for you:) I forgot my cord to hook my camera to the laptop so pics will come when I get home:) Today 37 years ago I married William Steven Averitt, I will give you a little history:) I met Steve fro a minute when I was 16 yrs. old, I was baby sitting for his sister, Judy. We lived down the street from her. Steve came in her house for like a second and she introduced us, I never saw or heard anything about him again until he went into the Navy with my dear friend Bill Brown, I was dating and planning to marry a man name Mark, he always would upset me by telling me he was going to join the Navy with Bill, then when it was time for Bill to come home from boot camp he called me and ask me if I would want to go out with Steve, at the time Mark and I were fighting so I said yes. While Bill was in boot camp I wrote him all the time and sent cookies,brownies, etc. Steve read them all so he knew all about me:) Bill is someone I had a crush on in the 10th grade, he was in my sister's class so he was 2 yrs. older then me. In college Bill and I would go out but more like brother and sister, well maybe not like that cause we always liked kissing:)) BUT we were close friends. SOOOO Mark and I made up and I broke my Friday night date and got Steve a date with a friend named Susan, that Friday night Mark took me home early to hang out with Bill but would not take me, so of course I got mad again, the next day I was to go swimming with Mark at our friends apts. Lisa and Frankie, now Steve had these same friends because they were in school with him. Mark told me he was going to hang out with Bill that night and it was a man's night out, so I thought fine, I will go out with Steve and I did! We had a great time playing cards at his sister's home, that night on April 26th 1972 Steve ask me to marry him, and I said yes, he told me he would pick me up the next morning and we would go to church and talk to the preacher:) we did that, in the church they send a thing for everyone to sign your name,I signed Linda Lou Rogers and ask Steve how do you spell Averitt???? Steve then went home and talked to my Father, in which is a miracle he said yes, although I was 18 and had the 18 year old attitude! My sister, Kay had planned her wedding since the seventh grade so she knew just what to do, it was off to get a wedding dress then going away outfit, we had a Church wedding with Larry and Pat as our attendants and a reception, we even had a rehearsal and rehearsal dinner at Hank's dog house for those who are old enough to remember Hanks! It was a steak house, my daddy loved eating there for special dinners, I did not eat steak so it was no big deal to me:) Steve and I moved to Chula Vista California since he was in the Navy and of course Bill lived with us:))) IN thinking of that, I do not think Steve and I have ever lived alone, we had Bill, then I came home due to getting pregnant and being very ill, I lived with my mother after my daddy died from a accident in 72 (Nov) , when Steve came home we had Alicia,he did not see her till she was three moths old, he was overseas. Then of course we had a pot load of babies and still have our last one at home, miss April who is 18!! SO needless to say if this is confusing and like a whirlwind to you IT WAS to me too!! So there you have it,met him on Sat. and married him on Thursday night April 27th, 1972!! We have had our bumps in the road and would be divorced today had we not taken that option out of our life! I thank the Lord fro bringing Steve to me, he is my best friend, strength for me, husband, lover and most of all the BEST daddy in the world!! HUMMMMMMM I might just go snuggle with him and wake him up!! By the way, I did havebirth control, but Steve toldme it wasmaking me cry so I quit taking it:)) so then came ALicia, guess what I stilled creid becasue I was 18 and homesick, I had never been away form home and I was 2000 miles away form everything I knew and loved with a stranger and of course my friend BIll Brown, who creid as much as I did!!

1 comment:

Rhonda Rae said...

WOW no wounder yall nvr said we were rushin into gettin married. Just proof that when you meet the onse u no huh