Sunday, April 26, 2009

My favorite places and 37 years!

It has been 37 years of marriage for Steve and I, This has been a week end with me in some of my favorite places:)) and for sure my favorite person, my best friend! A much needed weekend for Steve and I. We decided to come to the condo, in which, in my family room on my corner spot of the couch with my lap top is one of my favorite places, you can see the trees, and the most beautiful sunsets going down behind the trees! So this morning I am here, with a couple of sausage balls and a cup of coffee I made, now I know why I love the one cup keurig coffee pot I have, you can not mess up the coffee! It does one at a time and pre measured!! SO needless to say I messed up the coffee:) My other favorite place is in Steve' arms, we just sit and talk and talk and talk, we have some things God is putting on our heart, that has been on our heart for a long time but we believe the time is coming to put it into plans:) It is a Ministry to help strengthen marriages. So when it all comes together you will be the first to know:) so we have had some time alone and non interrupted time to talk and hug and be together, this is what I love a inanimate time with my husband. We drove around for hours yesterday looking at land and the lake, another on of my favorite things to do:) , went to Clinton to get some things the condo needs to be ready for summer:) Went into a lot of shops and found some neat places we had not been in before, another favorite thing to do. We walked by the lake and tried to figure out where we were on the lake from the shore line and we wished we had the boat ready, it would of been a great day to boat ride!! We watched a good movie, had popcorn for dinner, we had ate a late lunch:0 and totally enjoyed the day! This morning Steve is still resting and I am up, it is quiet here, you can hear the wind blow and it is sunny!! You know when I said hear the wind blow it made me think of Jesus, I have had some of my grand children ask how do I know Jesus is real if you cannot See Him, and I think of the wind, you can not see it but it is there, you can hear it and feel it but never see it.. it can be strong and it can be gentle. I loved what a child said to his father, before eating his dad reminded him to wash his hands, the little boy replied GERMS AND JESUS! GERMS AND JESUS! THAT IS ALL I HEAR BOUT AND I CAN NOT SEE EITHER ONE!! that is so true but we know they are there, in the same way Jesus is always there!! I thank Him for a much need time with my hubby!! don't think I will go home today, maybe tomorrow:)

3 comments:

Alicia Jean said...

I love this.... of course, some of it is the kind of stuff as a kid you don't want to hear, but you do.... you want to know that your parents are in love!! Okay, okay.. enough of that... You and dad are such an inspiration to me! So many times I've told myself... if they can do it, I can do it.......and I keep right on going... I wonder if you even know what a legacy you are leaving for all of us. I love you both more than words can ever express and I wish you the best, most happiest anniversary EVER!!!!

Anonymous said...

So glad i can actually post on your blog now?!?!?!?! Well, I remember asking you two to consisder this 2-3 years back with our small group and I still feel as confident that you two would be soooo awesome at this and I know God could use you two and your lives and knowledge and testimony and pure wisdom to do awesome things with. I am just plain excited to read this post and I will be praying for you two in this!!!!! Have you ever seen the "Love and Respect" videos? Our church has a class and I can't stress enough how EVERYONE, married, divorced, dating, may get married one day, etc.... should see and study this series! Please watch it if you have not yet!!!! I too am more than inspired by the two of you and love you both dearly! :) AB

Jill said...

Happy Anniversary!