Sunday, February 15, 2009

General Sherman bed at Sherry's that I sleep in:)
Sherry Maxwell and Jimmy's Muffin


The wood trim of the bed....it is beautiful!
Well I wanted you to see how neat that bed is!! I got up this am and came home and got dressed to go to the visitation with Sherry, it was wonderful seeing friends I had not see in a while, Sherry felt so loved, she was dreading it but when we left she said it was really good and she needed it, all the hugs, tears, prayers and laughs! Amy King made the very best homemade chicken and rice soup and cornbread muffins....oh my word, I should of took a pic of that too!! It was so good, I will get her recipe and share it on my blog!! I told Sherry we are freezing me some in case I do have to have surgery on my kidney, that is what I want:) I will probably hear from my Dr. tomorrow about my ct scan I had last Thursday, he has been out of town and I really did not want to deal with that now, not sure I even want to know tomorrow but I think he will call me anyway, I am praying it is a good scan. I am still on antibiotics and my low/middle back is better, it still nags at me but better then it was:) I came home tonight, Sherry is good and Steve and I will back over there tomorrow at 9:00 to go to the funeral at 10:00. Did I tell you that Jimmy looks so good, most of the time dead people never look like them self but he really does and that gave me peace, he looked so bad before, its good to See him like him self. I have also realized why people need to See the body, I hate all that, but our brain needs to realize they are gone and seeing them gives you closure you need. When my father died, I never saw him dead and I struggled for years with feeling he was alive and I dreamed it many times, I understand better now why, plus God was healing a lot of things inside me:)) Hope my blog has not been depressing, this is some sad times but I sing Hallelujah, what a Savior....He was faithful to answer Jimmy Maxwell's prayers and take him home where he did not have to go through the pain of pancreatic cancer. God is good not to answer all our prayers but answer the person in need:) Well I am getting to bed early tonight and I am sooooo ready.....nite
And yes, I did have to look up how to spell Hallelujah


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda Lou! I love your blog, I had no idea about what you've been going through! I only found out about Sherry's husband last night when I picked Pierce up at Michelle's. Please send her my condolences, my love and a big hug. I hope that she finds peace in knowing he's in a much better place. I love you Linda Lou and I will be praying for you too. Hugs, Deb