Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A BIG day for me!

Well today I actually started training for next years LR Marathon!! I took Blake with me, he has a little car thing that you can push and he rides in the car, so off we went, we did one street then another, then I decided to walk down my street which has a hill and another hill, I did them then the deal was coming back home, I huffed and puffed and moaned to where Blake said Nana, Nana, I then said I think I can, as I was pushing him up the last long hill!! Finally we made it home and I was out of breath and sweating, in which I normally do not sweat because I never do anything to make me sweat:) Then I cleaned my house and made supper for home church, chicken and dumplings, corn, mac and cheese, green beans, black eyed peas and this yummy avocado and tomato and onion salad and a bowl of fresh fruit and of course rolls and tea, Jenn is bringing the desert, oh yes, and sourcroute (sp) and polish sausages! When I went to the store I was hungry for good healthy food and comfort food so I did it all~! SO if you want come and eat at 6:00pm tonight:) I finally took Blake and Max and got them a hair cut at sports clip, and forgot my camera!! Blake did so good and so did Max and they look too cute!! Well so much for today! Tomorrow I am off and running with work.....nite!

Oh Yes!! I have two friends who will train with me and we will meet Monday, Wed. and Fri. at 8:00 am to walk, I need one more who will run the five miles, then we can tag each other and only commit to five miles, then if I can do more I will:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sooooooooo proud of you and excited for you!!! Yea!!!! and soooooo dissapointed I did not read this prior to 6 pm as you know your dumplins' amd mac and cheese are my 2 most fave foods EVER. if there are left overs, please let me know. for real! love you. ab

Jill said...

They are doing 'Woman Can Run' at different places around N. Little Rock, Little Rock & Bryant, right now. It doesn't cost anything, it's all women and they train you for a 5k. You might think about doing that, to work up to the marathon. My friends, Andrea & Katie are doing it. I've thought about doing the walking part of it, since I can't run right now. Just an idea. :)

Love,
Jill