Saturday, November 28, 2009

Christmas Memories

I have decided to blog each day in December a Christmas Memory, I will start as early of my childhood as I can remember, which will require me to dig back and think:)))) I just thought that may be a neat thing to do and share my life with you, I am sure some of you will be in the memories, wish I had pics to go with them, what ever that are:) But for today thought I would blog my thought of Thanksgiving day this year. I got up early to get Tom out of the oven,tom the turkey we always cook him during the night and wake to the smell of Turkey or the smell of smoke where it has boiled over, this year it was the smell of smoke, which means you have to open the windows,doors and freeze while you clean the spill over out of the oven:) I then proceeded to put on the black eyed peas, I had made the sweet potatoes the night before:) We all do pot luck and if you do not remember why check out the past blogs:) I did the dressing the night before so all I had to do was mix it all up and bake it, it turned out real good:) We went to Alicia's food3 food 2 food 1 and everyone started coming, this year all my children were there which was a blessing to me and the only grand child that was not there was Anna, she had gone with her grandparents and mother to Texarkana this year. It was baby A’s first thanksgiving!! amelia td We had a good family time, I could tell the kids were tired and some still had other places to go to that night, you know it is hard on the babies (2-8) year olds, they just love to go and do but they get so tired, and I know from memory the parents do too!! I am so blest with wonderful children who have precious spouses and for sure the best children:) Steve and I left at four to take mother and Walt dinner, Victoria went with us and played her clarinet for them, they loved it, we then set mother’s table, Victoria found her pilgrims and some fall leaves and we lit a candle and had all the fixings for them, mother ALWAYS had her pilgrims and fall decor out, this year she did not even know it was Thanksgiving:((( it hurts my heart to see such a change in her, my mother had so much dignity, you would never see her not dressed to the tee and her hair and nails done, this was ALWAYS, she had on a little size 0, she is 96 pds now blue pants and top, sorta like a jogging suit and Walt in his pj”s and robe, they used to dress up and Walt would put on a suit, it was very formal for their Thanksgiving dinner:) They had way to much to eat but can eat on it for several days:) Walt's eyes lit up when he came into the dinning room, he loves fancy dinners:) Walt’s memory is not the best, and his health is not the best, he can barley walk but does get around with a walker, mother can get anywhere, its her Alzheimer's that is so bad. It made me have bitter sweet feelings, I wanted to cry at the way mother looked, Victoria ask her what was in a bedroom, it had the door closed ( her guest bedroom) and mother said I do not know, lets look and see, they looked and mother gave Victoria some of the stuffed animals that she had over the years, she had them on the bed…….its just so sad, but at the same time so sweet, and so hard:((( Hugs!me and steve

No comments: