Saturday, October 24, 2009

what a week,long blog

I am not sure where to even start this week at, it has been a hectic, unbelievable week for me. It started with church on Sunday then Jill had a baby shower, when I saw her I was worried, she looked toxic to me, I ask her when she saw the Dr.  I did not want to scare her, she was going Tuesday morning, so I told her to try to rest and get off her twice or three times her size feet.  Her little face was distorted with flood and her lips as if she had several collagen injections, needless to say it concerned me, she reminded me of Alicia when she was toxic with Alexandria.  Then Monday I had work and agent interviews and I was cooking dinner for several people for a Southern Living Party, had the party and enjoyed it, was tired and knew the next morning I would be up early to get work things done before Steve’s surgery, when I got out of the shower Tuesday getting ready to take Steve to the hospital, I went into the kitchen and saw a lady I did not know with April, I ask who she was and April told me she had helped her get this little boy to school who had missed his bus, the little boy was eight, the lady was really manic and said she was homeless, April had got her breakfast at McDonald's and she was eating at the kitchen table, I sat down and talked to her for a few minutes, it wasn’t long and I knew she was coming off something and manic and homeless and probably running form someone or something.  I told her about Celebrate Recovery and gave her the church's number and told her my sister leads a bi-polar group at celebrate every Thursday, she felt she had found hope and was elated………I told her it was time she had to go and April took her to a street a few blocks away, this is where the little boy lived. ( I did check on the little boy) For those who know me, my home has always had a open door to help people, but in 2002 when we had left our church I shut some areas of my life down, I know God has always used me with the down trodden and hopeless and the people no one wants to help and I have been skilled in those areas when working at Living Hope and thru the church in lay counseling.  When I went thru so many things in the church I had just went through some times where I now realize I shut down in some areas, and my heart became hard toward some areas, as I have shared about not wanting to make new friends, I also quit getting involved in helping hurting people.  A few weeks ago I felt the Lord prodding in those areas of my life and showing me where I was at and where he wanted me to be, I surrendered it to Him and ask Him to use me in what ever way He wanted, so back to my story, Steve and I got into he car and went to the hospital, I told Steve it will not surprise me if she is not on our porch when we got home, at the hospital when they had taken Steve to pre opt, I was with him and Alex called, he was scared and crying because Jill had pre eclamsia and was direct admitted from her Drs. visit to labor and delivery and they were told she would have to have the baby. She was 35 weeks to the day, I left Steve at the hospital, I had Hannah come up there and called Alicia to go with me to Alex and Jill at lr Baptist, on the way I got a call that my uncle who is not much older then me, daughter who is 32 had a brain aneurism and was not expected to live, they live in Tennessee. She did pass away today :(  So my heart was heavy and I was scared for Alex and Jill and baby A. Jill’s blood pressure was real high, I was worried about leaving Steve but did not know what else to do. Steve did fine, his L 4,5,6 are completely gone and he will have surgery soon to fuse them together, his implant for his back was fixed and is now working, he is sore and getting over surgery but doing well. Jill was monitor all day Tuesday and they started inducing her labor at 1:am wed morning, Jill’s blood platelets were low and they did not want to do a c-section because she could bleed to death, the baby was doing fine, they had to put Jill on different meds, one make you hurt and burn all over and is hard on the baby, the other put her into labor, Jill stayed in hard labor for hours and began having some slight seizures, which totally scared us all, we all had to leave the room and her be in total darkness and quiet with just Alex and if he moved or talked he would have to leave, I told Jill's mother he will be perfectly still and just pray, Alex has always been the type child to be perfect in what ever he did, so I had no doubt he would be ok. Jill got somewhat better and later by 5:30ish we could go back in, of course we were quiet and just took turns helping her breath through her contractions, her epidural did not work and she was in full labor and having to breath through the contractions which were not making any progress on dilating her cervix:( at midnight wed. night the Dr.. came in and they decided to do a c-section, when Jill went to delivery I can not remember how high but her BP was about 187 over 140ish scary high and she we shivering tremors again, the baby was ok but we knew from what the drs. said she would go to NICU upon delivery, Jill, Alex and Jill’s sweet mother Belinda went into the delivery room and baby A was born, she was not breathing upon birth and they in abated (sp) her immediately and she did go to NICU, her apgar was low, her weight was ok at 5pds 2 ozs but she had some other problems to overcome, after delivery Jill started passing the fluids and toxins, her BP is still being watched but she is doing good, I came home about 4ish am and when I was going to my room I noticed the TV was on in the guest bedroom, I looked in and saw someone in he bed, I took a peek and was not sure who it was, so I woke Steve and ask him who was asleep in the guest bedroom, with all the day I had forgot about the lady:) and that is who was there, she was on the street and it was storming and Steve and April had her spend the night, Steve came when baby A was delivered but failed to tell me about it:) I got about two hours of sleep and thought I have to get up and figure out what to do with her, I promptly told the Lord I did not know He meant be ready now to help someone and I was not sure I was up for all this, my guest had not woke yet and I told Steve let her sleep till I could figure out what to do, since i had not been in counseling in so long I had lost contact with all my contacts to help people and at the places I knew of, the staff had changed. When she got up I had a talk with her, and laid down the boundaries, I am very strict in these and if someone really wants help, I will help but I am not the savior, I am the saved and a sinner just like them and they will need to look to the Lord for their help, I told her if she lied about anything it was a one chance deal for me to help her and if she really wanted to change her life then she has the opportunity and if not there is nothing I can do for her.  Of course she wanted to change her life patterns:) but my thought was she is mentally sick and needs some meds, she also abused prescription drugs, but had not had any in the past two days so I was not worried about detox, Steve took her to Celebrate that night and she was glad, I was going to find a place for her to live at for a few months till she could get straight on Friday, when Steve got up Friday he told her he had heard her talk about her father and her father seemed like a good man, she said he was and Steve said he felt she should go to her father's house, she totally lost it, started crying and shaking and wringing her hands and pacing the floor, now keep in mind I worked in psych for years so I do know how to get back control, if possible and she was very hard to deal with, I told her the only help I can give her at this point is to admit her into a psych hospital because she has to get back on her meds for bi-polar, she first said no and I said then you have to leave of course you feel like a ruthless person doing this but when someone is that messed up they can not make decisions or even comprehend what you are saying so there is no need to reason with them, I then said either you get ready and were going or I am calling 911 dn they will strap you down give you a shot and take you against your will, so she did agree to go, Steve and I took her to UAMS and she was admitted, she is such a sweet lady with a sad story and really does need the help of the right kind of friends so keep her in your prayers, as I was outside that morning a little stay cat came up to me, and I thought what is the deal, I have lived here for over four years and NO ONE has ever just came to the door  and no animals either, so I feed the cat and told Steve not to say anything to me about it and be nice to the cat!  WE had just got home for seeing Alex and Jill and baby A when my step father called and mother had lost her purse and they needed me to come over and figure out what to do, I knew it had to be in the house because mother has her keys in it and she had to unlock her door to get in, she had gone to the beauty shop with her friend Luella, mother no longer drives and she is probably stage 3 Alzheimer's, so I went there and found it in the bottom of her closet, she was so relieved she just tuned up and cried, she tried not to, I was so glad I went and was able to find it. Of course since I was back in LR i went by and said good night to baby A:) I got home and just thought what a day that has been………today is Saturday and it has-been slower, but it started with me forgetting a appointment with a agent at 11:00am, I had slept till 9:30am and still in my PJ’s when they called me form the office, then I worked till 3ish and came home and just sat and did nothing, then went back to the hospital to say good night to baby A and Jill and Alex, I dread them going home tomorrow and having to leave baby A at the hospital but I am so thankful we have baby A and Jill that I know it will just all work out. Keep them in your prayers and Kimberly my house guest, I have no ideal what will happen with her, hopefully  she will go into a rehab and change her life. Tomorrow is church and work then Monday is a full week of real estate for me and of course working it around the needs of Jill and baby A and Alex.  I once heard a story of a man with six children and someone ask him, do you have a favorite child, he said well you know (I will use my children’s name) I just love Alicia she had needed me to help coach  her in real estate, so she had a lot of my time but you know when Sean had his baby Cole he really needed me and I guess, well when Alex had his baby A he really needed me and I was there then Hannah had had some problems lately and I helped her a lot with her household thing and children then there is Jared and he has the sweetest little girls and his wife is pregnant and needs help some with the girls and then there is my sweet April she is the baby and she really needs us to help her in making life decisions….you know they are just all my favorite, I guess its what ever child that has the need  at the time you could say is my favorite because they all are such a important part of my life and such a blessing to me, there is not one favorite they all play a role in who I am and will be:)  I loved that story and that is me!! nite all

1 comment:

Jen said...

What a week for sure! I'm so happy my new niece is here and doing well and that Jill is too! It helped me to see them both because I had been very worried. And I hope things go well with your houseguest.

Oh, and I love the story at the end! It was perfect!

Love you!