Saturday, October 17, 2009

The Acorn


Have you ever thought, hey my life is just not fair! Why do these things have to happen to me? What is the deal! I was just getting going in the right direction then whack! I am knocked down again! When I was at the women's retreat I saw a acorn, I picked it up and thought of a this story I had heard, I wanted to share it with you:) let's look at the acorn.


A little acorn was high rooted in a branch, a strong rain came and the little acorn held on for dear life, as the limbs staggered back and forth, the little acorn was thankful it could hold on, but shivered at the fright of being blown off, it made it through the rain storm. The little acorn was basking in the sun and felt so good, it wonder, why do I have to be the acorn? Why can I not be the tree or the branch, then I could stand strong in the storms. Then one night a terrible storm came, high winds and rain, the winds howled and the branches swayed, the little acorn was blown off the tree, it fell to the ground, the little Aron had no ideal where it was and was so scared and alone, just when acorn thought it might be ok, a human came by and step on it and squashed the little acorn in the ground, now the acorn said this is it! I can not get out, I am crushed and perplexed and angry, why did I have to fall out of my tree?? I just do not want to live anymore, the little acorn just gave up, some time went by and all of the sudden little acorn felt some warm sun, it thought oh my, what is the deal, I can feel again! Do I dare trust what I feel? Little acorn began to shoot up out of the ground, the rain and storms came but little acorn was growing into a big tree, as little acorn looked down at itself, it just could not believe how strong and brave it had become, now little acorn was a big solid oak tree, little acorn was so thankful, it had turned into the very kind of acorn it dreamed of being, a big solid beautiful oak tree full of green leafs and full of acorns! Now little acorn would tell the other acorns that when they think their world has ended and they have nothing left, to get ready their life is just beginning, little acorn tells them that the storms will come and they may get blown off the tree, they will think they are alone and feel like life is over for them but to hang on that they are becoming what they dream of, a big beautiful oak tree!


In my life I have had some major blows and I have ask God what are your doing? I have thought how will I get trough this?????? I look back over a time when our son had to go live at a boys ranch and it ripped right through my heart, I thought if I could be the perfect mother then he would be the perfect son, well you know how far that got me, I felt like I had failed him. I remember when Jared had cancer, I was so afraid of losing him, it actually took the life out of me to watch him be so sick, when Sean lost his son, my first grandson, the pain and grief was unbearable, I have had riches and I have lost everything but in it all the one thing that I have never lost is my Father's love and His caring for me and my family, God has always been faithful to give the strength and grace to walk though the valleys and I am ever so thankful. As we walk thorough painful times it makes us stronger and builds our faith, you ask, give me more faith Lord? Faith comes by walking through trails and doing what God says, that is when you learn who God is and how much He cares for each of us, even when we are angry at him, do not want anything to do with Him, like the little acorn in the dirt buried all alone, God spouts us through till we are shining again, for some of us it is a long winter and others its spring, but for us all His love never fails and will see us through what ever life my brings our way.

1 comment:

Jen said...

That is a beautiful story.