Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunday

 

pic of me and Kay at women’s retreat187 

Pic of Sherry praying:) a happy prayer:) I did not know her eyes were closed:)188

I slept in till 9:00 am this morning, I was so tired from the retreat:) I realized a area of my heart that I did not know before this weekend, maybe why God had me go.  I had decided after leaving our church we had been in since 1976 that I did not really need new friends and really just kept with my family and my friends I had, even said I do not want to make new friends.  What I did not know is that was from hurt in the past, but as I was at the ladies retreat God showed me my heart and how I had shut that part off, even to really make a commitment to a church, I did not still have the hurt in my heart from what I experienced but I had harden my heart.  God is so faithful in showing us these things and not leaving us the way we are:)  I still feel vulnerable in making church friendships again, I have been safe in that for the past year, Journey Church it is a smaller church that is just forming, and Alex is one of the pastors, I knew everyone and it was not as threating, they went to Sunday night service so we have been going to Mercy Cross on Sunday morning, it is a big church with lots of loving people, the women at the retreat totally reached out and I had a choice to make was I going to let them in my life or not?  At first I thought no, I do not want new friends, but then we had our alone time with God and he began showing me this, I then realized my heart was hard and ask God to change it, it sure feels better when we are vulnerable to him and others, just scary for me. You know I really think I am in for some neat friendships in both church’s:) It is exciting to let God do a new work in me and let go of what lies behind me:)  Went to mercy’s cross this am and Journey church this pm, in between had a open house, which was slow:( and ate a huge bowl of homemade chili that I had craved for two days:))  Its been a good day, now I am curling up in bed and reading  Waking the Dead, by John Eldredge, I have a feeling it is about heart issues too:) I can tell God is not finished with me yet:) Thank the Lord he loves me too much to leave me to my own ideals…………….hugs and nite!

3 comments:

Jill said...

I always enjoy women's retreats. So glad you were able to go with them and had a good time! I've made that statement in the past too...about not wanting to make any new friends - it's so much work. Then he had us start Journey...I quickly realized that I couldn't have that attitude/heart if I was going to be a part of this church plant. :)

It's nice to read what He's doing in your life. :)

Love you!

Momx6 said...

Amen.

Anonymous said...

Waking the Dead helped heal my heart when I left Central Baptist a few years ago. It's my favorite book - Carmen Mallard