Sunday, February 16, 2014

What a difference a week makes!

This time last week we had cold, cold air, snow on the ground, if you were to just look at the weather you could not dream a week later it will be in the high sixty's with full sun shine, warm enough for flip flops!  In pondering that thought, I thought of times when it is so winter in our lives, we can not even fathom it ever getting better or maybe spring in our life.  If you only focus on the now and what is wrong now and the coldness and loneliness of now, it will for sure depress you, when your thinking negative there is no positive in your thoughts, but what you can not see is a week later, its 60ish and sun shiny!  Winter is a phase in our life not a life time!  This week something upset me, I felt depressed over it all, tried to shake it but couldn't, prayed but kept playing it over and over in my head, then I finally was able to draw a line, as Derol May taught me. When my mind would go back there, I would not let it, I turned on praise music and let it go, the oppression of it all left me.  I can think on it now but it does not consume me in my thoughts nor depress me, its something that looks like winter now but trusting God to make it a spring!  I am believing Him to do that.

Work is still slower then I am comfortable with, I find my self all caught up on things, I am the type that works better under pressure, like schedule my self all day long, from one thing to the next, but for now its just a little slower, tomorrow I will show property, and today I showed, but I am use to three or four buyers a day, so I will be glad when this actual winter is over, our spring market should be a strong one! I just got a call to show one next Sunday so that is two calls today:))

This week is our Award of excellence Banquet, Realtor's get the awards they have earned for the year, our company gets the Presidential Suite and we have a before and after party, it is always fun, that is on Saturday night, then Sunday I have Journey Nursery so excited about being with the babies:))  Today during worship Amelia ask to sit with me, when we start to sing she ask me to hold her, now she is four, so its no light weight thing for me to do, but I love love love holding her as we worship, she will just love on me, she twirls  the back of my hair as she sings, she will cuddle in as she sings, it is so touching to hear her little voice sing praise to God in my ear, I cannot hold her without be reminded how much God loves me and holds me and loves to hear me sign in His ear. It is just hard to explain the love I feel coming through Amelia from the Lord to me.  Makes me tear up.....speaking of tearing up, I have thought this weekend about crying.  I do not cry easily and this Saturday I did cry over missing some of my family, I actually thought it was so odd for tears to be running down my checks, last time I really cried was when mother past away, then I thought why do I not cry more????????  In which I do not know, but when I do it is loud and snot blowing, crying, so I guess I can be ok with not crying often:))  Its just such a relief to cry so I wish I could do it more easily.  I guess we all have different ways we cope with things.

Tomorrow Miss Lovie will be a year old!!




Hard to believe we have had her since April, time just goes so fast, this week tonight is my only night to have been at home, we had things every night but it was a fun week:  Thought I would be home last night, had turned down a Cabot McKimmey office dinner out, then Sherry Maxwell called to go eat, I have not seen her in forever so I did go, Jimmy Maxwell past away five years ago on the 12th., talked to her that day but did not see her, so was thankful we had a two hour dinner.  I just can not even thinking how I would be if anything happened to Steve,  I for sure would not want to live alone, I am not a loner:) This week we read a book Strength Finder and it has a on line test to take, its like a quiz to help you know your strengths, this is to help know what work you will be good at, Steve and I were so different, he said he now understands why I blog, my life is a open book, if you want to know ask and I will tell you, if I have not already shared it:)  He is a private person, can be a loner, a behind the scenes person, I am on the front line person, guess that's why I love Real Estate, constant contact with people all day long:) He in turn likes keeping the books, all the paper work, which I can not stand to do!  So we make a good team, him in his strength and me in mine:)  There is a saying, we are all leaders, I will lead your where I have been and you can lead me where you have been, but we all lead, we all have something to offer to others.

On Valentine's day I went to a monthly Parkview class of 71 breakfast, this was a big group of us, it is a blessing to still be in contract with high school friends:) We stay in touch on Facebook:)



 Some of my PV girl friends, Susan the one in the red is who I got to go out with Steve when I broke my date with him to go back to my boyfriend, then I broke up with my boyfriend and went out with Steve the next night:))  I told her I would fix her up with someone and she  said the last time I did that, I married him:)) I love these ladies!
Then my sweetie took me to Riverfront Steak house for a very special dinner, it was so relaxing and romantic:)  He had me a box of candy and a sweet card, my son Sean called the day before and I answered Steve's phone, he said he was just calling to remind Steve to get me something:)  I said, I will make sure he calls you back!!  On Saturday I cleaned and put away all Valentine's decor, got out some spring place mats, going to get two new candles for mother's candle holders on my table, get some live daisy's to go in a vase, so it will take on the look of spring!  Hope your week is full of friends, family, good work atmosphere and a whole lot of the Lord leading you in all your ways!!

No comments: