Monday, August 6, 2012

Alzheimer's.....in Honor of my Mother

This is from a friend of mine who has Alzheimer's, it really hits home, but so good:) She expressed her self so well:) It amazes me the people I have become friends with that have this dreadful disease, please help fight against it, support Alzheimer's with walks, giving, what ever you can.
 
 My sweet Mama, since she loves with her heart, she will NEVER forget LOVE.
 
 
Fight for me.. please, fight for me,

Please have my best interests at heart.

When I do strange things, when I don’t make sense, please know.. it’s because of this disease. It’s not normal, but it is my normal.
...

I never want to hurt you, I never want to embarrass you. I can’t help it, I don’t know what I’m doing, myself.

I need you to understand what I’m going through.. I need you to learn about it, because I can’t. The doctors may know a little, but they don’t know me. They don’t even know why I have this terrible disease. I need you to learn about this, so you can fight for me.

I want you to find others who are going through this too. I know I’m fading, and I don’t want you to be alone. The more you understand, the more you can walk with me.. and then I won’t be alone, either.

Please don’t yell when I frustrate you. Please don’t rush me when I eat.

The things that are happening, I may not remember 5 minutes from now, but what happens now, affects me deeply, as it always has.

Sometimes I see your face, and sometimes I see my children. They are playing.. I need to check on them.

I still feel, I still love, I am still alive.

I have no voice anymore. I can’t tell you what I need, or how I feel.. but I do need, and I do feel.

I want to tell you I love you.. I just can’t remember how.
 
 
 
 

No comments: