Saturday, October 10, 2009

Womens Retreat:)

Friday after a full day of work, I left with Sherry Maxwell to go to camp Paron for Mercy Cross Church women's retreat, I was nervous about it because I would not know anyone there, except for my sister and Jenifer Duke. You would not think ,if you know me that I would be nervous about meeting new people, but I was out of my comfort zone, since I knew hardly no one, of course I had Sherry with me when we got there and this precious lady named Michelle came up to me and told me she already had me a bed and Sherry a bed by my sister:) We were in the night owls bunk house:) so that means everyone stays up all night! It did not take long for me to get comfortable and feel right at home with the ladies, they were all so friendly and help you fit in:) I did not get much sleep, but woke early:( and went down the to activities room. We had some time to walk the land and just be quiet with the Lord, there was this stream of water running down a brook, a leaf came down the stream, floating so cautiously and gently, it floated thru the running crystal clear water and floated right past a big rock, the actual rock I stepped on to cross the creek, I watched the leaf just float in the stream, it was a pretty fall leaf with some red color to it, then I saw the rock and it had a wad of leafs bunched up against it, they were just wadded up against the rock, stuck, I thought of the leaf that just floated by so free and went way down the stream, then thought of the leafs stuck on the rock, I felt the Lord ask me would those leafs float away down the stream? I said yes, but it will take some hard rainfalls and winds to get them to move, but with enough rain and storms and wind they will float down the stream, it will not be peaceful and it will be in ruff waters BUT it will still stay in the stream and get carried down stream as the other leaf.........it spoke to me in my life, sometimes when we hold onto to things it makes our life full of storms and ruff waters, God is faithful to keep us in His stream, but would it no be much easier if we just submitted to Him and trusted Him so we could float freely? Or do we like the storms? As for me, I much rather have the peace! but so many times choose to do it my way and end up stuck on the rock and forced downstream:( I pray God changes that in me and I will always trust Him to take care of me and my family and fiends:) hugs and nite!

No comments: